zaterdag 14 februari 2009



In 1792, during the French revolution,
the family of the count Liedekerke-Beaufort
left his castle (chateau de Vêves) to find
refuge on a farm close to the village of Celles.



After several construction-works this farm
grew out to become the castle of Noisy (aka chateau Miranda)
in 1866.
It's build in a neogothic-style and is mostly
by the hand of the English architect Milner.



Between 1950 and 1970 the castle was used as a
children's home for the employees
of the Belgian Railroads and was called
"Home Noisy"



Afterwards it was used as a children's holiday center.



In 1991 a fire caused the center to close down
and it was left in the hands of decay ever since.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen