dinsdag 13 januari 2009

Diamond-workshop Lieckens



In 1908 Petrus Lieckens gave the order to build this workshop for his two sons.



They had learned the craftmanship of
diamond-cutting and polishing in Antwerp.



The workshop had two levels
and a saddle-shaped roof.



During WWI the roof got destroyed by a bomb and
got replaced by a flat roof.



In 1985 the workshop closed it's doors
and it was left untouched since then.



In 2008 it got protected as industrial heritage.






1 opmerking:

  1. vindt het weer super die foto's
    dat doosje dat is mijn favoriet

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen